Ahmed Obaid Al Qaseer: Sharjah has become a premier destination for businesses and a capital of industry in the region.
Mohamed Juma Al Musharrkh: In the post-COVID world, investments in technology are outpacing all other sectors.
● More than 60,000 SMEs and startups based in Sharjah
● Six specialised free zones, 33 industrial zones, and a strategic geographic location
● Against the backdrop of a devastating pandemic that swept the world, Sharjah continued to grow
● Attracted FDI worth US$ 220 million in 2020
● 60 percent growth in FDI projects in Q3 and Q4 of 2020
● FDI helped with the creation of 1,117 new jobs in 2020
● Travel and tourism sectors investments to reach US$ 20.3 billion by 2027
● Investment opportunities in aquaculture and seaweed farming facilities
● Investment opportunities in Waste Recycling and Waste-to-Energy systems
● Specialised vocational academies and future upskilling and innovation labs are investment opportunities in the Human Capital & Innovation sector
● US$ 1.5 billion already invested annually in education and research in Sharjah with sector showing immense growth potential
● Sharjah is home to more than 35 percent of the UAE's manufacturing industries, which gives it an edge in manufacturing spare parts and components for industries and automation of industrial hardware through emerging technologies such as IoT, Robotics, and drones.