Thinner, Lighter, 2x the Storage, and Waterproof for reading by the pool, in the bath or at the beach
New flush-front design with 300 ppi display and crisp, printed-quality text
Dubai, UAE October 17th, 2018— SOUQ.com and Amazon announce the introduction of the all-new reimagined Kindle Paperwhite in the UAE, featuring a thinner and lighter design, a sleek flush-front display, and waterproofing so you can read comfortably anywhere. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite will be available in the coming weeks on SOUQ.com starting 529 AED.
Readers will find English and Arabic content such as the popular Arabic language titles Awlad Haratina, Mawsim Sayd Al Ghozlane and English language titles such as The Art of Always Being Right. The all-new also Kindle Paperwhite comes with twice the storage to hold even more books. Plus, it includes features customers love about Kindle like a glare-free display and a battery life measured in weeks.
“At SOUQ.com we always listen to our customers in the region and work to bring them the latest and most advanced devices tailored specifically to their needs,” said SOUQ.com CEO and Co-Founder Ronaldo Mouchawar. “We are proud to launch the all-new Kindle Paperwhite so that our customers will be able to access the wide selection of books available on the Amazon.com Kindle Store, including over one million titles, and more than 12,000 Arabic language Kindle books.”
Sleek, modern design
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite features a sleek, flush-front design and a back made of soft, grippable material so it rests easily in your hand. It is the thinnest and lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet, measuring 8.18mm thick and weighing 182g—less than half the weight of many paperback books—so extended reading sessions are even more comfortable.
The six-inch, high resolution 300 ppi display features crisp, printed-quality text that reads like real paper. It also includes five LEDs and an adjustable front light for a uniform, glare-free display in any setting—even direct sunlight.
The first waterproof Kindle Paperwhite
The most popular Kindle is now waterproof, so you can read in even more places. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is designed to withstand accidental drops in the bathtub, hot tub, pool, and ocean. It's IPX8 rated to protect against immersion in up to two meters of fresh water for up to 60 minutes.
2x the storage
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite comes with twice the storage, so you can keep more content on your device. Available in 8 GB, which is twice the storage of the previous generation and can hold thousands of titles, and 32 GB for storing even more content.
Even more personalization
Kindle includes a variety of ways to tailor your experience, so you can read your book your way. Today, we're introducing even more personalization features, including:
- An updated home—The new home experience makes it easier to find your next read based on your reading history.
- Easily personalize your reading—Now save multiple reading settings, selecting the font, boldness level, and orientation settings you prefer all from the main menu and quickly switch between those settings.
The updated home experience, as well as the ability to quickly save and access reading settings, will be delivered as a free, over-the-air update to the all-new Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Paperwhite Gen 6 (released in 2013) and newer devices in the coming weeks.
The features readers love about Kindle
By design, Kindle devices are purpose-built for reading so you can lose yourself in a book. Unlike tablets and phones, a Kindle has no glare, even in bright sunlight, and won't distract you with social media, emails, text messages, or notifications. The all-new Kindle Paperwhite includes features that have made the Kindle family the best devices for reading, enhancing the experience beyond a print book:
- Carries thousands of books—Easily take your library with you on-the-go.
- Weeks of battery life—A single charge lasts for weeks.
- Read books your way—Personalize your ideal reading settings on your Kindle device with a selection of fonts, font sizes, boldness levels, and text alignment options.
- Buy once read everywhere—With Whispersync, save and synchronize your last page read, bookmarks, and annotations from your Kindle eBook across all of your Kindle devices and the free Kindle app, so you can always pick up where you left off on any device.
- Worry-free archive—Automatically backs up your Kindle books in the cloud so you never need to worry about losing your books—re-download your books wirelessly anytime for free.
- Time to Read—Tells you how much time it will take to finish a chapter, or a book based on your personalized reading speed.
World's Best eBook Store
Kindle e-readers come with instant access to the Kindle Store, which includes:
- The world's best selection—Find more than one million Kindle books, including over 12,000 Arabic titles on Amazon.com (www.amazon.com/kindlebooks).
- Popular Arabic language titles—Find Arabic language titles including books from leading authors like Alaa Aswani, Ahmed Mourad and Khawla Hamdi, best-sellers like Awlad Haratina, Azazil, Mawsim Sayd Al Ghozlane, and Al Rahala, classics like Ibn Khaldoun's Muqadimah and Kalila wa Dimna, as well as translated English language bestsellers like The Art of Always Being Right , 48 Laws of Power, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid, on Amazon.com (www.amazon.com/KindleArabic).
Pricing and Availability
The all-new Kindle Paperwhite is 529 AED for the 8 GB model and 649 AED for the 32 GB model and will be available for purchase on SOUQ.com UAE in the coming weeks.