• 47% of students enrolled in the current semester are UAE nationals, with the remaining 53% consisting of over 82 other nationalities
• The largest proportion of students, 2,487, are enrolled in the College of Engineering
• The College of Business has enjoyed its best intake for ten years
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates—26 February 2020: Abu Dhabi University (ADU) officially kicked off the 2019-2020 spring semester this week, welcoming over 7,200 new and returning students across its campuses in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Al Ain. The enrolled students are comprised of 46% UAE nationals and 54% expatriate students consisting of 82 different nationalities, with the gender ratio being 52% females and 48% males.
The University got off to a strong start this semester with engaging orientation sessions providing new students with a comprehensive understanding of the University's state-of-the-art facilities, extracurricular activities, and dynamic social environment that will enable them to enjoy a well-rounded academic experience.
There are currently 3,991 undergraduate students, 503 diploma students, 1,279 postgraduate students, and 1,447 military students enrolled in the University. The College of Business has seen a surge in new student intake this year, with 16% more students joining the University compared to last year.
Prof. Waqar Ahmad, Chancellor of Abu Dhabi University, commented, “Abu Dhabi University continues to be committed to the development and delivery of internationally accredited academic programs, fostering a dynamic student life experience and equipping our students and graduates with the skills and resources they need to succeed. Students have the opportunity to join an expanded portfolio of more than 50 programs here at ADU. We recently launched the new College of Health Sciences, which offers five programs (3 of which are still pending CAA approval), covering subjects such as public health, environmental health, laboratory medicine, genetics and human nutrition and dietetics. In addition, four new engineering programs in the College of Engineering have been launched including biomedical engineering, cybersecurity engineering, industrial engineering and software engineering.
Prof. Ahmad continued, “We also offer an outstanding suite of business management programs with 10 MBA tracks, three of which have recently been launched. The variety of programs offers students a wide array of subjects, enabling them to excel in their desired field. ADU is dedicated to the intellectual development of students and empowers them to become future leaders capable of making a positive contribution to national and global betterment and prosperity. Our programs are designed to serve current and future needs of the UAE and the region.”
ADU is one of the largest private universities in the UAE and is recognized as a world-class institution committed to excellence in teaching, student experience, research, and corporate education. It continues to provide an engaging learning environment, quality education, and qualifications that are recognized and respected worldwide.