Tanishq's new contemporary collection inspired by symbols & success synonymous with the UAE
Dubai, United Arab Emirates: The United Arab Emirates celebrates 50 years of the union on 2nd December 2021. Tanishq is celebrating this Golden Jubilee with an exclusive jewellery collection to mark the occasion.
Imbued with the iconic symbols of UAE's rich heritage seen through a contemporary lens, the collection captures the essence of the UAE's past and inspiring future vision whilst showcasing Tanishq's design prowess, created with the expertise of its artisan craftsmen.
The collection is inspired by stylized symbols such as the UAE flag, the iconic falcon, the UAE's National bird representing beauty, strength, and agility, and the classic Arabic Dallah. Also seen in the collection are pieces inspired by the date palm, a signature of hospitality, and 7 shining stars that denote the unbreakable bond of the 7 Emirates. These inspirations are translated into a stylish and elegant representation of a nation with strong roots and a progressive vision.
The collection offers extensive choice with more than 40 jewellery pieces spanning a variety of categories including long intricate necklaces, colorful rings, lapel pins for men and women and earrings. The versatile designs are used to create minimalist yet distinctive jewellery pieces that could be a thoughtful present or a stylish souvenir.
“The UAE's Year of the Fiftieth coincides with the first-year anniversary of Tanishq's presence in the region so we wanted to celebrate this special occasion with a collection inspired by the region. With the UAE welcoming the world once again thanks to Expo 2020, , we hope that everyone adds these one-of-a-kind jewellery pieces to their wishlist,” said Aditya Singh, Head – Jewellery International Business, Titan Company Limited.
“We wanted to create something that would be special to all the people who make UAE special. The Emiratis, the expatriates, the tourists and the business travelers together symbolize the spirit of the union, and it is this spirit that inspired us. This collection is for consumers who are modern, progressive, fashion conscious, and jewellery plays an integral role in their wardrobe. They love experimenting and living in the moment. This collection is a celebration of that joie de vivre synonymous with the UAE,” said Vandana Bhalla, Marketing Head – International Business Divsion, Titan Company Limited.
“The collection was conceptualized with awe for the great journey of this nation, its courage to dream big and make it happen. Through every design, we've tried to encapsulate that vision of deep rooted culture and refreshing drive for modernity. Even in crafting the collection we used a similar blend of age old traditional jewellery handicraft along with state-of-the-art modern technology. Special attention was paid to translate the intricacies of our design concepts into precious materials so that each exquisite detail was taken care of,” added Beate Steinfeld, Trend & Design Head, Tanishq International.
“It was important to us to keep the collection versatile and discreet. The pieces of the collection lend themselves to the current trend of layering, and can be effortlessly mixed and matched for your own unique style expression. The collection can be worn with pride during the Year of the Fiftieth celebrations and would hopefully become a daily go-to key item and unmissable part of your jewellery box for the years to come,” she concluded.
Here are some of the Showstopper UAE inspired jewellery pieces from the UAE Exclusive Collection by Tanishq:
1. Falcon and falconry have been entwined with the Emirati culture for thousands of years. The majestic falcon's strength, national heritage and agility has been inspirational for the collection. The bird's beauty has been rendered in variety of techniques and materials.
2. Islamic architecture has an abundance of intricate forms and silhouettes that offer enticing permutations for the creation of edifices that will stand the test of time. And so, it inspired the designers to create pieces that reflect the monumental buildings, the old and the new.
3. Date palms have been immortalized in art and literature as well as the holy texts through the ages. A symbol of fertility, nourishment and long life, the palm is matchless in its simplicity. Its importance and relevance is evident as special dates are offered to guests – a part of the highly hospitable culture. The pieces in this collection are a tribute to the humble date palm.
4. The Seven emirates established a brotherhood based on values of mutual respect, courtesy and a sense of sharing. We are proud to present in our specifically designed range facets which epitomize that same strong bond of unity and common purpose.
5. The flag is the physical manifestation of the honour of any nation. Our endeavour has been to capture the nuances of a banner flying high in the breeze, its ripples and waves thereby creating a palette of vibrant colours and wafting shapes.
The collection is attractively priced between AED700 and AED 7000. Tanishq announced today that having seen success in the region in the past 1 year, it is expanding its footprint in the UAE with 3 new stores opening before the end of the year in the Al Barsha neighbourhood in Dubai, at the iconic Dubai Mall and in the heart of Abu Dhabi, at Hamdan Street. This collection will be available all Tanishq stores in the UAE.