Indulge in cold-pressed, refreshing juices and desserts that are easy to prepare and most importantly, low on calories
JUNE 20, 2022 - Dubai, UAE: With summer approaching in full force and temperatures soaring with each passing day, it is imperative to keep ourselves hydrated and energised to ensure we are healthy and rejuvenated. Whilst staying hydrated is important, it is also critical that we consume beverages and wholesome desserts that are good for our bodies.
India Gate basmati, the household name for basmati rice and flagship brand of KRBL Ltd., the largest global exporter of rice, offers a wide range of healthy products including Chia Seeds and Flax Seeds, that can help you quickly stir up some healthy & tasty drinks and desserts to keep you energized throughout the day.
Below, you'll find some great ideas for when you are struggling with eating healthy and feeling the high temperatures. The best part? They are all easy to prepare and nutritious!
Chia Fresca Drink
• 1 tablespoon India Gate Chia Seeds
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 Glass coconut water
• Briefly whirl all ingredients together in a blender (or shake well in a closed container) and wait for 15 minutes for India Gate Chia Seeds to expand
• Serve it ice-cold
Flax Seed Morning Yogurt
• 1 tablespoon India Gate Flax Seeds
• 1 Cup Yogurt
• 1 cup mix fruits chopped (Orange, Blue Berry and almond if desired)
• Briefly whirl all ingredients together in a blender (or shake well in a closed container)
• Decorate with oranges, blueberries, and almonds
• Devour the deliciousness!
Strawberry & Banana Chia Seeds Smoothie
• 2 Tablespoons India Gate Chia Seeds
• 2 cups frozen strawberries
• 1 banana
• 1 Cup Dairy Skim Fat-Free Milk
• Blend everything together until a smoothie like consistency is formed
• Serve chilled and enjoy!
• 1 cup cooked India Gate Quinoa
• 1 cup toned milk
• 2 tsp yogurt
• 1 small banana
• 2 tsp desiccated dried coconut or coconut chips
• 2 tsp broken walnuts, toasted
• 2 tsp honey (or more to taste)
• pinch of cinnamon or cardamom powder
• Take two glass jars with a lid ~ 300 ml capacity
• Divide the quinoa between the two jars. Slightly warm the milk to lukewarm and whisk in the yogurt. Divide the milk mixture between the 2 jars
• Close the jars with the lids and leave overnight in the fridge for the yogurt to set
• Before serving, top the quinoa in set yogurt with sliced bananas, desiccated coconut or coconut chips, walnut bits, and honey
• Finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or cardamom powder
• Tip: Use diced mango instead of sliced banana when mangoes are in season
The India Gate health range products can be purchased from any of the leading super and hypermarkets in the UAE.