India Gate present a delightful selection of quinoa-based recipes for all your festive gatherings
November 24, 2021, Dubai, UAE: Health & festivities are two words you never thoughts would go hand in hand, but it is now made possible courtesy India Gate.
Holiday weight gain is a thing of the past, celebrate this year's festivities with a twist and delight all your guests with a scrumptious selection of healthy recipes. Whether you are hosting a brunch gathering or having people over for a hearty evening meal, make health the top-most priority without compromising on taste.
Globally renowned chefs join hands to bring forth a myriad of recipes, all made with India Gate's exceptional quinoa range, all the way from breakfast delights such as granola & pancakes to kale rolls & flavourful biryani.
Here are some easy recipes to follow for one and all:
• 2 cups rolled oats
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 cups almonds raw chopped
• 1 tsp cinnamon powder
• 1 tsp salt
• 3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp coconut oil
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• 2 tbsp light brown sugar
• 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
• 1/4th cup grated coconut
• 1/3 cup whole hazelnuts
• 1/3 cup dried cherries/cranberries
1. In a large bowl, toss oats, quinoa , grated coconut , almonds hazelnuts with cinnamon and salt.
2. In another bowl, stir in together the oil, maple syrup , brown sugar and vanilla and whisk until completely combined. Can do this in machine or by hand.
3. Pour mixture over oats mixture and use hands to combine them.
4. Gather up some of the mixture in hand and make a fist. Repeat until all oats are covered with maple mixture.
5. Pour mixture onto prepared baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out evenly but leave a few clumps here and there for texture.
6. Bake for 10 mins at 170* C and then remove from oven.
7. Using a metal spatula lift and flip the granola.
8. After 10 mins, remove from oven. Let it cool completely. Sprinkle raisins and cranberries over granola and transfer to airtight container. This granola can be kept for 1 week.
Total calories 2875kcal
Quiona – Stuffed Kale Rolls
• Extra-virgin olive oil: 50ml
• plum tomatoes: 50gms
• garlic cloves: 3nos
• thyme: few sprigs
• salt: to tsaste
• kale leaves: 6 nos
• quinoa: 100gms
• onion: 30gms
• vegetable broth: 100ml
• walnuts: 50gms
• cooking oil: 50ml
• goat cheese: 30gms
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add tomatoes, garlic, and thyme; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until tomatoes are very tender. Remove pan from heat. Add salt; coarsely mash with a potato masher.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil; add half of kale. Cook 1 minute. Remove kale from pan with a slotted spoon; plunge into ice water. Repeat procedure with remaining kale. Drain and pat dry. Remove center rib from each kale leaf, leaving the leaf whole and uncut at leafy end.
3. Rinse and drain quinoa. Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1-tablespoon olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
4. Add quinoa; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove pan from heat; stir in 3 tablespoons walnuts.
5. Spread about 3/4 cup tomato sauce over bottom of an 11 x 7-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Working with 1 kale leaf at a time, place about 1/4 cup quinoa mixture in center of leaf. Fold in edges of leaf; roll up, jelly-roll fashion.
6. Repeat procedure with remaining kale leaves and quinoa mixture to form 12 rolls.
7. Place rolls, seam sides down, in dish. Spoon remaining sauce over rolls. Cover and bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
8. Sprinkle evenly with remaining walnuts and cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
Total Calories 765 kcals
Cho 33.5 g
Proteins 5 g
Quinoa with Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Halloumi
• 1 medium red onion, thickly sliced
• 2 medium zucchini, sliced
• 2 bell peppers (yellow and red), sliced
• 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
• ½ cup mushrooms
• 6-8 whole cloves garlic, peeled
• 3 ½ tablespoons olive oil
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 cups vegetable stock
• 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
• ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 250g pack halloumi cheese, cut into 6 sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180-200°C.
2. On a large roasting pan, put onion, zucchini, bell peppers, carrots, and garlic. Drizzle with 1½ tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle the thyme on top and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Roast them in the oven until vegetables are softened or for 35-40 minutes.
4. Grilled Mushroom separately.
5. Cook the quinoa with vegetable stock according to package instructions and cool completely.
6. Mix the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard in a bowl until they are well combined.
7. Grilled the halloumi cheese till they turn golden brown on both the sides.
8. Pour the dressing over the quinoa and vegetables and toss to combine. Serve warm with halloumi cheese.
Total Calories 1140 kcal
Cho 60.6 g
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 3 whole cloves
• 3 tablespoon Garam masala powder
• 2 cups vegetable broth, boiling
• 1 cup carrot, diced
• 1 cup green beans, cut in 1-inch pieces
• 1 cup potato, peeled & diced
• 1 cup cauliflower floret
• 1 cup broccoli floret
• 1⁄2 cup green peas
• 4 tablespoon butter
• 2 medium onion, sliced and fried till crisp
• 15-20 cashew pieces
• 15-20 sultana
• 1 cardamom pods or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cardamom
• 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
• 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
• Salt and pepper
1. Cook the quinoa with vegetable stock, garlic, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves according to package instructions and cool completely.
2. Heat one tablespoon ghee in a deep pan, and cook potatoes, carrots and cauliflower till they become soft and tender or for approx. 10-12 minutes.
3. Add broccoli, green peas and green beans, cover and cook and mix with 2 tablespoon of garam masala. Add salt and pepper as per the requirement
4. In another deep pan, place crisp onion, layer quinoa with vegetables, cashews and sultanas and fresh greens along with some ghee. Repeat the same process twice.
5. Cover the lid and cook again for 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot in an earthen pot.
Total Calories 680 kcal
Proteins 30 g
Chocolate Coffee Quinoa Cake
• 1 cup flour
• 1 cup quinoa
• 1 cup powdered sugar
• 1/3rd cup cocoa powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ cup oil
• ½ cup water
• 1/4th cup milk
• 1/4th cup curd
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 tsp coffee essence
1. Put all dry ingredients in 1 bowl and mix
2. Put all wet ingredients in another bowl and make an emulsion mix
3. Now mix the wet and the dry ingredients and mix with a beater for 2 mins,
4. Pour into a greased mould and bake for 30-40 mins at 180 degrees
Total calories 1519 kcals / 1470 kcal
Carbs 222.6 g
Fats 57.5 g
Fiber 5.7 g